This is Spoon

My photo
Salem, MA, United States
Artist and Mother working for the love of the draw.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Poppies will make her sleep...

My blog is becoming very Oz-centric.But, I haven't been motivated to do much else of my own design lately. Spoontown has been very baby centric, and between prepping for our new arrival, being exhausted from carrying an adorable 5 pound parasite everywhere, and trying to cope with all the great little twinges, aches and pains that this mommy business brings, I can definitively say I haven't really wanted to work anyway.

But back to Oz..

This is my third installment of pieces for the Montserrat Theme Show this February. I wanted to create more of a "scene", rather than resorting to my traditional portraits or non objective/conceptual creations.













My scanner isn't the best at recreating pencil sketches, but you can get the general idea. No, you can't? It's Dorothy asleep in poppies! C'mon....
I plan on attacking this with ink/watercolor (what else would I ever do..) and maybe add a few digital afterthoughts, but I haven't decided yet. I'm very proud of myself for not hacking the Ozma piece to bits digitally, and have only digitally added text. I can't wait to put it all together; finally a piece I'm really proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment