This is Spoon

My photo
Salem, MA, United States
Artist and Mother working for the love of the draw.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Trees: Do They Travel?

About a week ago I was surprisingly contacted by one of my Etsy customers thanking me for creating such an amazing print. I was completely blown away. I've received compliments before, but never like this. It really made me feel proud to be an artist.
The story: Tiffany, a fellow artist/mother from North Carolina, bought my print of "The Old Tree" from my Etsy shop. I received an email for her a few days later, with a photo of a tree in her backyard that was nearly IDENTICAL to the tree in my picture. I was shocked! The tree I has taken as reference for the drawing was from a relative's house, yet here it was 1000 miles away! You can read Tiffany's full story on her blog:
http://thethreadisred.com/2011/12/28/match-prints/

Copies of "The Old Tree" are available on my Etsy site: heatherreidstudios.etsy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment