This is Spoon

My photo
Salem, MA, United States
Artist and Mother working for the love of the draw.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Almost a Year Later

So much for keeping up with the blogosphere! Something in me says "Heather just give up if you're not going to do this"....but where's the fun in giving up???

My art career has been steadily growing the past few months. I have found my niche in the community where my talents and quirks are appreciated. I've been creating more work that is personal to me rather than making art that people might WANT. The struggle to let go of outside opinion has been ghastly. I think after it was ground into my brain that "illustration is BUSINESS" that I got frightened if my work wasn't good enough for the mainstream

fuck mainstream


I am so proud of who I am now as an artist and as a person. It's taken a long, long time to get here, but I recommend everyone join me

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment